terms & conditions
Terms and Conditions:
- This competition is limited to residents in the UK who are over 13 years of age only and live in Hampshire, Dorset and the Isle of Wight.
- Anyone connected in any way with the creation/implementation of the competition will not be permitted to enter (including their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparents or “step” family)
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The competition date commencement and closure dates will be outlined on the relevant competition pages.
- The University accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, ineligible, corrupted or fail to be submitted by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
- Entries via agents or third parties or bulk entries are invalid.
- Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter, entrants must follow the instructions on the relevant competition page. If submitting by social (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) please use the hashtag #UniConnect Entrants must ensure their post is public. If submitting via email, please ensure that only the item that is the focus of the competition is submitted, do not submit photos of people or personal settings.
- Any entries deemed inappropriate by members of the Southern Universities Network (SUN) Team (including but not limited to, the inclusion of profanities, dangerous, offensive or copied content) will be disqualified.
Winner(s) will be selected by the SUN team within two weeks of the competition closing. Winners will be contacted privately via appropriate social media direct messaging or email, to arrange collection of their prizes.
- The winners must claim their prizes within 30 days of notification. If prizes are unclaimed after this time, they will lapse and the University reserves the right to offer any unclaimed prizes to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct and up to date contact details when entering the competition
12. The University’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the University reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the competition without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is the University of Southampton and any inquiries may be addressed to email@example.com.The University will not disclose your data to any third parties except with your consent or as required by law. All personal details will only be used for the purposes of conducting the competition and/or for delivery of the Prize.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that their submissions are their wholly-owned creations and that, to the extent that such entries make use of any third-party materials, these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant grants the University a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented.
- Competition winners cannot be named in person, where relevant schools/ colleges will be notified of winners within four weeks of the competition closing.
- You are providing your submission to the University of Southampton and not to any other party.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.