BCP, Dorset and nearby education providers have put together some resources to help you whether your transition is to college, university or an apprenticeship. They contain useful resources that are subject specific and useful tips for a successful progression. Please use the following links.
RETURNING TO SCHOOL
Click the headings below to learn more
With schools reopening it can be a very anxious time for our young people. There is a lot of support out there that supports this time, please see the following links:
PROGRESSION TO LOCAL COLLEGES
Click the headings below to see what support is available from your local colleges
PROGRESSION TO LOCAL 6th forms
PROGRESSION FROM SCHOOL
Information on the transition to secondary and senior schools
Information on the transition from primary to secondary school
Wondering how the subjects you study at school will help you in later life? This document provides a number of useful websites where you can help link your curriculum study to potential careers.
The government has recently developed a toolkit to help you develop your digital and numeracy skills. It includes a range of resources, activities and courses.
NCS has launched its first wave of online content for all young people. It is designed around the NCS curriculum and covers all sorts of content to support young people be epic. The content ranges from life lessons to playlists; skills builders to creative inspiration; fun challenges to social action projects.
UP in Poole is now UP in BCP. Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Local Authorities have merged and you can now access all services for young people, wherever you live in the BCP area, using this site. If what you are looking for isn’t listed, get in touch and we will add it to the site and get you the information that you need.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
- Support with training, learning, volunteering and work opportunities at your own pace
- Enable you to fill in forms and look at education and employment opportunities
- Introduce you to other services and agencies that may be able to help you
- Empower you to know how to deal with challenges or difficulties related to your well-being, relationships or progression
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Up to 6 individual meetings with a qualified advisor
- Access to drop-in sessions at any of our three centres
- Guidance on looking for work, training and learning opportunities
- Free internet access to job search
- Support with building and creating CVs and support with interview techniques
- Access to counselling (16+)
- Access to sexual health advice
- Free condoms and chlamydia screening
- Free citizen card
- Help with benefits and filling in forms
- Advice on housing options and signposting to relevant services
- Referral to specialist services in substance misuse or emotional well-being support
There are many different routes you can take to achieve further and higher education and it’s important to find out which is right for you. Check out the testimonials of students who have taken different educational journeys: