Skip to main content Skip to footer

Hampshire send information & opportunities | Parents & carers

Hampshire SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Information Advice & Support Service) offer impartial and confidential information, advice and support to parents and carers.

This leaflet, developed by Hampshire Careers Partnership, explains the support that’s available at colleges for young people with a special educational need and/or a disability. Take a look to find out what support your young person might be entitled to.

This page explains what education professionals mean by the term ‘transition’ (in relation to moving from one stage of education to the next). It also includes lots of useful links to information about how best to support your young person to manage these transitions.

To help young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) make the change from childhood to adulthood (13-25), there is a formal process of transition planning. This page developed by Hampshire County Council sets out this process.

A guide to help young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) prepare for visits to college. As a parent/carer of a young person with SEND, you may want to run through this with your young person before visiting prospective colleges.

Hampshire County Council have also produced a guide for parents/carers of young people with SEND to read through before visiting colleges for open days/evenings.

Find out more about the support that the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Educational Psychology team offer.