We are excited to announce details of our newly improved Empowering Student Voiced workshops for 2023-24.
WHO ARE THESE ACTIVITIES AIMED AT?
These sessions are aimed at students in Year 7-11 who are part of the Student Council, or have an interest in student voice, at their school.
The workshops are designed to support student councils to reflect on their current practice and consider ways for improvement and is broken down into a series of two workshops that lead on from one another. It recommended that there is a period of at least half a term between workshops to allow students time to implement any actions from the ideas generated in Workshop 1. Students will create an action plan in both workshops to help them identify ways to improve student voice practices in school. Therefore, it is recommended that the main staff member involved in supporting the student council is present to support.
Workshop 1: Gathering Student Voice
Workshop 1 will enable students to:
- Reflect on how students can currently share their voices in school
- Consider how they can ensure they are hearing from everyone
- Identify how they would like students’ voices to be heard in the future
Workshop 2: Showcasing Outcomes & Results
Workshop 2 will enable students to:
- Review and reflect on their previous action plan created in Workshop 1
- Consider how they can effectively communicate back to students the result of peer feedback.
Don’t forget to check out our Empowering Student Voice Conference page! (Link Coming Soon)