Interactive online training for education practitioners to understand widening participation and how, by participating in the agenda, we can help students in school and beyond to overcome barriers to higher education
Introducing the new accredited training for schools
This free accredited online training session developed by the SUN, is designed to provide an overview and insight into widening participation, and how practitioners can support and encourage it. This CPD has achieved certified accreditation status by The CPD Certification Service and can therefore count towards any CPD hours you’re working towards.
BY JOINING THE SESSION, YOU WILL:
- Consider the role schools play in supporting students to overcome barriers to higher education
- Gain an understanding of widening participation, which students it involves and the relevance for schools
- Discuss common barriers under-represented groups face progressing to higher education, alongside statistical evidence
- Explore available support designed to address the gap in progression
WHO IS IT FOR?
Professionals working in the education sector and/or with young people will benefit the most from this CPD opportunity.
It is suitable for: School and college staff working in a variety of roles including teachers, careers advisors, pastoral staff, virtual schools/college and educational professionals working in other roles. It is also relevant to Local Authorities; particularly those working in social care and colleagues from other departments who you feel may benefit from this session.
when is it?
Sessions will run online via Zoom from 3.15pm to 4.45pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday 23 November 2022
- Thursday 23 February 2023
- Tuesday 2 May 2023
how to book
To book a place, please click the sign-up button
Please note, we require a minimum of 5 attendees to run workshops. You will be notified if there is a problem with your booking.