Learn how to identify and support young carers in schools through this online, interactive training session
This introductory session is brought to you by the Southern Universities Network, following some collaborative work with The Children’s Society.
When is it?
All sessions will take place online via Zoom:
Thursday 19 January 2023, 3:15-4:45pm
Wednesday 1 March 2023, 3:15-4:45pm
Thursday 25 May 2023, 3:15-4:45pm
HOW TO BOOK
To book a place, please click the sign-up button below.
(Please note, we require a minimum of 5 attendees to run these sessions. You will be notified if there is a problem with your booking.)
- Understand the term young carer and the legislation relating to young carers
- Consider the caring responsibilities which young carers undertake and the possible impacts of these
- Be informed about the potential identifiers of young carers
- Understand factors which may make a young carer ‘hidden’
- Develop an awareness of how to identify and support young carers in school
These sessions will be delivered by SUN staff who have received training from The Children’s Society