Online accredited CPD training to support schools to enhance support for service children
This introductory session is brought to you by the Southern Universities Network, following some collaborative work with the Service Children’s Progression (SCiP) Alliance
This online interactive session will help you to:
- Understand the term Service child and who Service children are
- Gain an awareness of the barriers and disruption Service children can face in education
- Consider the value and diversity that Service children can bring to a school
- Identify how to apply the SCiP Alliance’s Thriving Lives Toolkit to a school setting
- Develop an awareness of how to support Service children in school
During the session, you will be signposted to your local SCiP hub and to further organisations and resources to support your work with Service children.
when is it?
Thursday 10 November 2022 | 3.15-4.45pm
Thursday 26 January 2023 | 3.15-4.45pm
Wednesday 8 February 2023 | 3.15-4.45pm
Tuesday 16 May 2023 | 3.15-4.45pm
Who is it for?
This CPD session will be suitable for all staff working in secondary schools, including those in SLT roles, pastoral roles, teaching and non-teaching staff. It will also be suitable for staff who work across the education sector, for example, those in higher education, Local Authority or charity roles.
how to book
To book a place, please click the sign up button below. (Please note, we require a minimum of 5 attendees to run these sessions. You will be notified if there is a problem with your booking.)
If you have any questions about this CPD opportunity, please contact Nadia Morad (SUN Project Leader) at