OUTREACH WITH SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
Through creating, sharing and inspiring Bournemouth University guides fair access activity in the following ways:
- By focusing our investment in activity that raises aspirations in society to engage in higher education and seek ways to ensure that the benefits are clearly visible and quantifiable.
- By investing in outreach activity with schools and colleges, including among young people at an early stage in their secondary education where interventions have been proven to be effective in raising aspirations.
- By investing in financial support for those for whom affordability may be an obstacle to studying at BU.
At Bournemouth University we search harder and longer through a successful outreach programme including:
- Reaching out to young people from primary age to further education to raise their aspirations to engage with Higher Education.
- Working closely with the local community to tackle education disadvantage in the Dorset area and Bournemouth & Poole conurbation.
- Working beyond the region to target widening participation (WP) groups beyond Dorset.
We offer a wide range of initiatives designed to support young people's progression to Higher Education.
Activities and events include:
To view all the activities and resources on offer, go to bournemouth.ac.uk/teachers
Many of our activities give priority to schools and colleges that we have working agreements with. Some activities are available to all, please check each event for details or contact the team for more information email@example.com