Welcome to the Research and Evaluation area
The Research and Evaluation team, work across the SUN region embedding robust monitoring and evaluation processes within SUN funded activities and projects – this includes the funding you receive as a school or college.
Our core responsibilities are to:
- Monitor engagement across SUN’s 70 target wards
- Ensure activities are robustly evaluated
- Fund strategic widening participation research across the region
- Provide support and training opportunities to stakeholders
- Measure the longitudinal impact of activities and ascertain ‘what works’ and why
Evaluation is a core component of the Uni Connect Programme. We work closely with the Uni Connect national evaluation team ensuring our local best practice, from the activity and evaluation information and data you collect, is fed into national higher education policy discussions.
Your role is a vital factor in SUN being a beacon of best practice in national widening participation practice.
Blog Research and Evaluation Hub Resources and Tools
Monitoring, Evaluation and the Progression Framework