Our live online workshop offer encompasses a suite of 1 hour interactive presentations that can be streamed directly into the classroom or to a student at home. We can stream to one screen at the front of the class or to individual student terminals in school or at home. These sessions are suitable for Year 9 – 11 students and are delivered by certified SUN Facilitators.
Our workshops include Discover Apprenticeships, Discover Your Career, Discover Money Explorer and Discover Your Options.
We can also deliver a range of programmes and workshops produced by Cosmos Engagement including: Marginal Gains, Enterprise Team Challenge, Mentoring & Supporting Others, Managing your Time, and Memory & Distractibility to name a few. Click here for more information.
hOW LONG ARE THE SESSIONS?
30-40 minutes delivery followed by 10 minutes for questions and answers
HOW WILL THEY BE DELIVERED?
ⓘ The SUN to student (on home computer)
This will be an online session, where students are able to log into a live session on their own individual device. This will allow students to access the chat, annotations, reactions and polling functions, which will allow for increased engagement and interaction.
ⓘ The SUN to front of class (one screen)
Option B sessions will comprise of a talk to introduce key themes and ideas for the session. Followed by setting the group a project task. This can be one long task, or split into smaller sections
WHAT THEMES CAN i CHOOSE FROM?
Click the headings below to see more information about each workshop theme
The Discover Apprenticeships workshop is an interactive session designed to inform students of the different levels and sectors of apprenticeships available. The session aims to inspire students to research the skills and qualifications required for an apprenticeship and consider potential progression routes.
- Explores the different apprenticeship levels and apprenticeship sectors
- Considers the skills required for specific apprenticeships
- Delves into the finer details of apprenticeships, levels, requirements and finances
- Know how to research further information about a chosen apprenticeship
Suitable for (Years 10-11)
2, 3, 7
The Discover Your Career workshop is an interactive session designed to familiarise students with the Careerpilot website, which helps them explore career choices, providers, courses and much more. Through engaging activities, students will investigate current and future skills, qualifications, and job sectors.
- Identify their individual skills and the skills they need to succeed in education
- Discover and understand the variety of different qualifications available after leaving school
- Explore a range of jobs and job sectors available to them in the future
- Find out more about navigating the Careerpilot website, plus its tools and functions
Suitable for (Years 10-11)
2, 3, 7
The Discover Money Explorer workshop is an interactive session that helps students to develop an awareness of budgeting and why it is important. Through engaging online activities, students will expand their understanding of what they may need to budget for in the future. The workshop explains funding options for university and introduces the Money Explorer website.
- Explain what budgeting is and why it is important
- Demonstrate using Money Explorer to help with budgeting
- Develop an understanding of what financial support is available
- Investigate what part time jobs are available and what the benefits are
Suitable for (Years 9-10)
2, 3, 7
The Discover Your Options workshop enables students to explore different options and qualifications available to them after their GCSEs (and beyond). This session has a particular focus on further and higher education providers, and explains a range of Level 3 – Level 6 qualifications. This workshop helps students explore how they learn best, and which route may suit them.
- Encourages students to start thinking about their future and what’s important to them
- Explores the differences between Level 2, 3 and 4 qualifications
- Learn more about further education, apprenticeships and higher education
- Enables students to make informed choices about their future and know where to go for further support
Suitable for (Years 9-11)
If you have any questions about the live online workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org