Online workshops supporting the mental and emotional health needs of staff and young people
what is it?
In partnership with Twenty Twenty Learning, the SUN is introducing a new programme of CPD online workshops for schools, alongside two workshops for parents and carers. Each workshop is one hour and will be led by Dr Felicity Wallace. There will be opportunities for discussion and questions during each workshop.
School workshop CPD overview:
- Protecting your mental health as a teacher in a post-Covid world
- Supporting children with emotional and mental health needs in the classroom
- Supporting care-experienced children and young people in the classroom
- Supporting adolescents in the classroom
Parent and carer workshop overview:
- Supporting your child with home learning
- Supporting a child with emotional needs at home
The workshops are funded by SUN and are therefore free for you to attend on a first-come-first-served basis. If you do sign up to these workshops, please ensure that you attend as there are a very limited number of places. If you can no longer make a workshop, please let the organisers know so that your place can be offered to others.
There are a variety of other workshops available alongside bespoke sessions that you can arrange directly with Twenty Twenty Learning. You may use SUN funding towards additional activity.
Who is it for?
School workshops: teaching staff and non-teaching/pastoral staff
Parent and carer workshops: parents and carers of young people
When is it?
Click here for a list of dates and times
Note: SUN funding may be used to arrange bespoke sessions for schools
Please click here to contact Emily Flores if you have any questions